Sunday, March 9, 2008

Bernie's Blog about Anything

Let there be Order out of the Chaos.

Gee. That sounds pontifical, doesn't it. But, since I don't know just where this blog is going to go because I have many and varied interests from gardening, fishing, cooking, traveling, my children and grand-children, writing, things theological and natural and even economonical, to name a few---let's face it, it could be chaos. So, since this is my ship, I'll try my best to steer her into interesting waters to keep the tourists' interest keen and the discussion lively.

First part of the Order. It is officially 12:54 Sunday, the Fifth Sunday of Lent and Daylight Savings time has just sprung into Spring just hours ago.

It's both enlightening and sad to me that I came into my office to create a simple menu planner and grocery list and now find myself creating a blog--no wonder I need "ORDER".

Well, I better create that menu list and grocery list before I lose more time today. Losing that one hour, which completely skipped my mind, is going to hurt. Why you ask? Because aside from everything else going on in my life, I've just started my battle with insomnia by attending a sleep study on Friday evening and know I need to have set times for going to sleep and awakening. Since my sleep time is in just nine hours and I have much to do today, and blogging wasn't even remotely considered by me when the dawn slipped on to my horizon, I am going to be scrambling to get it all done. Nothing new, mind you, its just that I really would like to get a little more organized. Better close and finish my two lists, go shopping, travel to Coweta, OK and pick up my motorcycle vest which should be adorned with two new patches, and then read more of Dr. Gregg Jacob's book, Saying Goodnight to Insomnia. My sleep doc's bible, he says. What's really interesting to me is that my loving daughter, Jen, who started me off on this blogg mess this morning by sending me an email with a "link" to where she's posting her blog about her beautiful new daughter, Abigail Rose, actually helped with Dr. Jacob's early research work by being a paid guinea pig sleep study patient back in the 80's when she was a student at Simmons College in Boston. Small world, of course--we all know this if we are over the age of 30.

Well, back to Order and my lists. Till we meet again. Bernie

No comments: